Nueces County health officials have confirmed the death of a person who was hospitalized for Vibrio.According to health officials, the patient was an elderly individual that had skin tears and was wade fishing in the ocean. The person was hospitalized for severe leg pain and signs of a bacterial infection. The patient underwent an amputation but died just over a day after being admitted to the hospital.Doctors say the bacteria is present in higher concentrations between May and October when water temperatures are warmer.Symptoms can include: Watery diarrhea Abdominal cramping Nausea Vomiting Fever Chills Severe Pain Blistering skin lesions
Nueces County officials confirm Vibrio death
Posted: 6:29 PM, Jul 23, 2018
Updated: 2018-07-23 19:29:13-04
Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.