City of Corpus Christi Code Enforcement, Solid Waste Services, the Texas General Land Office and Texas Parks and Wildlife have announced the kickoff of the 2018 Vessel Turn-In Program.
According to the city, this free event is an opportunity for the public to safely and legally dispose of unwanted or inoperable boats.
The program runs April 24 through April 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Laguna Madre Wastewater Treatment Plant, 201 Jester Street in Flour Bluff.
Individuals who drop off a boat at the Vessel Turn-In Program are reminded of the following:
- Proof of ownership (title and registration) is required for each boat, wave runner, jet ski, or boat trailer you turn in.
- All gas, oil, and batteries must be removed prior to drop-off.
- All trash and debris must be removed.
- Pre-registration for drop-off atwww.cctexas.com/vtip is recommended to save time.
- Boats up to 26 feet in length will be accepted (vessels larger than 26 feet will be accepted on a case-by-case basis).