CORPUS CHRISTI, TX — The 2020 season is set to begin at the Harbor Playhouse (1802 N. Chaparral).
It all kicks off with a production of ‘25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,’ running weekends Jan. 17 through Feb. 9.
Six spellers bravely enter the competition with hopes of winning the ultimate prize – a trip to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. Intent on avoiding the soul-crushing “ding” of the bell signaling a spelling mistake, they pour out their hearts, revealing touching and hilarious stories from their tween vantage point. This show also includes audience participation!
Tickets may be purchased for $20 per adult, $15 seniors/students/military. Group rates are also available.
Other productions coming to the theater this year, include:
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Feb. 28-April 5)
- Pirates and Petticoats (April 24-May 17)
- We Will Rock You (May 29-June 28)
- The Producers (July 10-Aug. 16)
- The Wizard of Oz (Sept. 4-Oct. 11)
- Cannibal the Musical (Oct. 16-Nov. 1)
- Elf the Musical (Nov. 13-Dec. 20)
For more information, call (361) 888-SHOW or visit www.harborplayhouse.com.