For those who are looking for ways to get involved in making the city of Corpus Christi a better place, the City Secretary’s Office may be a good place to start. There, you will find information on how to serve on the various boards, commissions and committees which provide a vital link between citizens and the City Council.
These groups are made up of volunteers who work to keep city government dynamic, responsive and accountable by offering their advice, expertise and time.
The City of Corpus Christi has more than 50 boards, all of which strive to reflect the diverse interests and abilities of the people who live in the Sparkling City, while offering those who volunteer a chance to participate in the municipal government process.
The City Secretary’s Office is currently seeking applications for the following boards:
- Animal Care Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Building Code Board of Appeals
- Civil Service Board
- Citizens Advisory Health Board
- Community Youth Development (78415) Program Steering Committee
- Corpus Christi Commission on Children and Youth
- Electrical Advisory Board
- Ethics Commission
- Food Service Advisory Committee
- Human Relations Commission
- Landmark Commission
- Library Board
- Mechanical/Plumbing Advisory Board
- Oil and Gas Advisory Committee
- Park and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Parking Advisory Committee
- Pipeline Review Panel
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Advisory Committee
- Senior Companion Program Advisory Committee
- Sister City Committee
- Transportation Advisory Commission
All individuals considered for appointment by the City Council to a board, commission or committee must have an application on file in the Office of the City Secretary not later than 5:00 PM on the seventh calendar day before the date appointments are considered by City Council.
Applications for appointment are kept on file for no more than one year. After a year, applicants are asked to either reapply or update their applications to ensure that the information is accurate.
To learn more, go to http://serve.cctexas.com .
You may also call (361) 826-3893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .