Free summer counseling programs are once again being offered by the Counseling and Training Clinic at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
All sessions are facilitated by counselor trainees, and are available for individuals, couples, families and children. Sessions are completely private and confidential, and are supervised by fully trained licensed professionals in an environment of safety and trust.
Spanish-speaking counselors are also available.
The classes being offered include:
- General Counseling: For individuals, couples, families, and/or groups to assist with parenting, self-esteem, career planning, divorce, communication, relationships, stress management, PTSD, etc.;
- Personal Skills Group: Handle and cope with difficult emotions (anger, fear, sadness, anxiety), improve personal relationships, learn and practice mindfulness;
- Yoga for Children: Mother and infant team, or kids yoga, which promotes strength, relaxation, coordination, focus and confidence;
- Yoga for Adults: Benefits range from reducing pain and preventing falls to boosting mood and easing depression and anxiety;
- Tai Chi for Adults: Benefits range from reducing pain and preventing falls to boosting mood and easing depression and anxiety;
- Anger Resolution Skills Groups: Helps participants develop skills to recognize anger, express anger, and understand consequences associated with angry outbursts.
Classes take place at the TAMU-CC Natural Resources Center (6300 Ocean Drive, suite 2700).
For details on how to register and a complete list of days and times each class meets, go to ctc.tamucc.eduor call (361) 825-3988