Firefighters are working to put out a fire this morning that was likely sparked by some fireworks late last night, according to Corpus Christi Fire Department officials.
The small fire broke out near the Seascape Mobile Home Park on Old Brownsville Road in a row of hay bales. Authorities say 8 of the bales caught on fire overnight and reignited this morning, causing firefighters to go back to the scene.
First responders with the CCFD say they have the flames under control but will call in other resources to pull apart the hay bales to find hot spots.
We are told there was no damage reported to any homes. Firefighters say the scene may not be clear for a couple of hours while they make sure all hot spots are put out.
Can't find something?