Quantcast

Space heater blamed for overnight fire - KRISTV.com | Continuous News Coverage | Corpus Christi

Space heater blamed for overnight fire

Posted: Updated:

A man and woman sleeping in a storage shed awoke to flames fully engulfing the building.

It happened shortly after midnight on the 700 block of Webb Street when a woman woke up and noticed the fire, which she says could have been caused by the small space heater the two were using to keep warm.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and suspect the electric heater to have been the cause.

Both occupants escaped without injury, however the small building was destroyed by the fire.

Reading on your phone? It's better with the app. Download the KRIS 6 News Mobile App for iOS/iPhone here and for Android here.


Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
WEATHER
Coastal Bend Radar
Powered by Frankly

© KRISTV.com 2017, KRISTV.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?