Corpus Christi firefighters were called after smoke was seen from a couple of townhomes Monday night.
Smoke was seen coming from a townhome in the 4000 block of Killarmet Drive near Weber Road around 9:30 p.m.
Investigators say the home owner noticed his dryer plug was heating up and a little burnt and after unplugging it, they started smelling smoke.
When firefighters arrived, they couldn't see smoke because fire investigators say they were told a wrong address.
Corpus Christ police officers were called out to the area for traffic control as firefighters tried to locate the fire.
When they finally found the address, smoke was seen coming from two townhomes. Firefighters said it was difficult to get to because of the configuration of the townhome and the fire just kept smoldering.
Investigators added that two townhomes were severely damaged due to smoke damage, but no one was hurt.
Can't find something?