1. Waterproof all of your valuables. Use sealed plastic bags.
2. Take pictures or better, video tape the inside and outside of your house. Store in a safe dry place or take with you if you evacuate.
3. Know your home's vulnerability to a storm surge, flooding, and wind.
4. Locate a safe room in your home for a hurricane hazard.
5. Determine escape (evacuation) routes from your home and places to meet inland away from the storm.
6. Make a plan now for what to do with your pets if you need to evacuate.
7. Post emergency telephone numbers by your phones and make sure your children know how and when to call 911.
8. Check your insurance coverage. Flood damage is not usually covered by homeowners insurance.
9. Stock non-perishable emergency supplies and a Disaster Supply Kit.
10. Use a NOAA weather radio. Remember to replace its battery every 6 months, as you do with your smoke detectors. Monitor a storm's progress by watching KRIS 6 News, Action 10 News, or by logging onto our websites, KRISTV.COM and KZTV10.COM.
11. Finally take First Aid, CPR, and/or disaster preparedness classes.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more