Posted: Mar 23, 2013 10:18 PM
TEXARKANA, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a northeast Texas woman recently learned a hard lesson: Don't try to kill a snake by setting it on fire.
The woman was cleaning the yard outside a home near Texarkana Wednesday night when she spotted a snake. Bowie County Sheriff's Captain David Grable says she poured gasoline on the snake to try to kill it. Her son then dropped a lit match on the snake.
The engulfed snake slithered into some brush nearby the home. Grable says the brush ignited and started a fire that destroyed the home and damaged one next door.
Both homes were vacant, and no one was injured.
Grable says most snakes are harmless if left alone.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more