Apr 6, 2011 2:01 AM
These quick treats are fun to make with kids because all you need is a bowl and fork. Measure out the ingredients first for easy assembly (which is a great tip for grown-ups too!).
Makes 20 bars
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup quick rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold salted butter
1 large egg
1 cup strawberry or other fruit preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Coat a 7-by-1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder and salt.
4. Add butter, cutting it into small pieces. Work the mixture together with your fingers until the dough looks like crumbs, with no big pieces of butter left. Scoop out 1 1/4 cups of mixture and set aside.
5. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add egg and beat with fork to combine yolk and white, then mix everything together until evenly moistened.
6. Press dough evenly over bottom of baking pan. Spread preserves over dough, then sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Copyright (c) 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more