Posted: Mar 12, 2013 6:05 AM by Janine Reyes
SEOUL -- South Korea's Defense Ministry says it does not expect an immediate provocation, nuclear test or missile launch from the North, despite the tension between the two Koreas.
North Korea cut off a red cross hotline with South Korea on Monday as it escalated its war of words against Seoul and Washington.
The North is upset with a joint South Korea/U.S. military drill and a new round of U.N. sanctions.
The sanctions are in response to the North's nuclear test last month.
Seoul says the North's threats are aimed at strengthening its own internal unity.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more