Feb 12, 2014 6:58 AM by Miranda Leah
CORPUS CHRISTI - Many businesses on Saratoga are thankful to have power back on this morning, after a natural gas fire caused a major shut down.
The fire department said city workers sparked the fire when they used a sledge hammer to break some concrete near a gas leak.
The fire burned all day yesterday and late into the night.
"All the sudden I heard this big ol' bang...Me and my friend heard this big boom," said Dairy Queen worker Melinda Rangel.
Because of that boom, many businesses on Saratoga spent the day with no power.
"We lost about four to five hundred dollars in sales today, because everything went off," said Rangel.
"It's just an inconvenience. It definitely negatively effects our practice, our business... It's impacting all of this," said practice owner Dr. Paul Kennedy.
Thankfully, firefighters stopped those flames before the incident caused an even larger catastrophe.
They said everything should be back to normal on Saratoga this morning.
1 minute ago
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more