Posted: Nov 11, 2012 5:15 PM by Melissa Schroeder - email@example.com
Updated: Nov 11, 2012 11:16 PM
ROCKPORT -- A couple units of a Rockport apartment complex went up in flames early this morning.
It happened around 7:00 a.m. at the apartments on the 1800 block of Hillcrest.
Witnesses told investigators a cigarette butt burning in a pot may have ignited the blaze.
It took 40 firefighters about 15 minutes to get the fire under control.
Everyone in the complex got out safely but there's major smoke and water damage to two apartment units.
Officials say those families must find other shelter because they can't live in their units right now.
Fire investigators say a passerby saw the flames and called 911...and that quick action helped to prevent even more damage.
If you would like to follow Melissa Schroeder on Facebook, "friend" her here.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more