Posted: Jan 11, 2013 3:01 PM by Associated Press
Updated: Jan 11, 2013 3:08 PM
TAFT, Calif. (AP) - California authorities are investigating allegations that a 16-year-old boy held in a classroom shooting that wounded a classmate had been suspended from school last year for having a hit list.
Kern County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ray Pruitt says the reports of the hit list are being looked into as part of the investigation into Thursday's shooting at Taft Union High School in the city of Taft.
Almost immediately after the shooting, other students began giving accounts about the suspect having drawn up a list at some point.
The sheriff's spokesman says the teen was booked into juvenile hall for investigation of two counts of attempted murder and one count of assault with a deadly weapon. Investigators plan to submit their case to the district attorney's office on Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more