Jul 26, 2013 10:16 PM
PORTLAND - A fire left some Portland apartment residents homeless Friday night.
Portland firefighters got the call for a fire on the 100 block of South Commons Way around 8 p.m. Friday.
There was heavy smoke and flames at the scene when they arrived.
The fire began in an upstairs room at one of the units but fire investigators don't know how it started.
No one was home when it happened.
A family dog died in the fire.
Two cats made it out alive.
None of the other units was affected.
16 minutes ago
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more