Local News

Jun 16, 2014 4:48 PM

Overheated Air Conditioner Sparks Fire in Hotel

CORPUS CHRISTI - An overheated air conditioning unit is to blame for a fire inside the Holiday Inn on Padre Island this afternoon.

Right around noon smoke was seen coming from a 5th floor window as firefighters arrived.

They were able to put out the fire pretty quickly, keeping the damage to the wall around the window in that room.

It turns out that a window-based a/c unit caught on fire. The room was unoccupied at the time and guests were allowed back inside a short time later.

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Submit News

Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.

Most Popular

KRISTV.COM is Social!


Click the icons above to receive News, Weather, and Sports alerts from KRISTV.COM!

Inside KRISTV.COM

Contact Us
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Photo Central
Look at photos and videos and share them!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
Texas Lottery
See the latest winning numbers!
6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more