Posted: Jan 18, 2013 8:01 AM
TEMPLE - A Central Texas house fire has claimed one life and investigators are trying to determine whether a space heater sparked the blaze.
Temple Fire & Rescue officials say the apparent accidental fire broke out early Friday in a small wood-frame home.
A body discovered in a bedroom has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Further details on the victim weren't immediately released.
Investigators say a space heater was found in the bedroom and close to some combustible bedding.
The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the upper 30s in Temple at the time of the fire early Friday.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more