Posted: Jan 30, 2013 10:33 AM by Mitch Bryan
Updated: Jan 30, 2013 12:42 PM
CORPUS CHRISTI - Several elderly tenants could be without a place to sleep tonight after a small bathroom fire in one of the other apartments.
The fire was put out around 8:30 this morning and there was little damage to the rest of the rooms, but the flames damaged the power cables to the the other apartments, leaving the other tenants in the dark and cold.
The Red Cross was called out to check on the nearly 14 elderly tenants, 2 of them wheelchair bound, who might need a place to spend the night while the power is fixed.
An apartment manager we spoke to says that she has already called the power company to see about fixing the wires before tonight and her insurance company has been alerted to the matter.
With any luck, it will be only the one, younger tenant, who's space heater caught fire to his bathroom, that will need a place to stay for a few nights, until his bathroom wall can be repaired.
We are expecting a call from the apartment manager soon, to tell how many tenants will be displaced for the night, if any.
We will bring you more information later today.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more