Posted: Dec 13, 2012 4:48 PM
Updated: Dec 13, 2012 4:51 PM
FORT EDWARD, New York - Steven McComsey remained silent today as a judge sentenced him from one to three years in the propane line explosion that killed six people in July 2011. The courtroom was filled with relatives of victims. They left disappointed because McComsey offered no apology and no explanation for his actions.
Last month. McComsey pled guilty last month to criminally negligent homicide. Investigators say he tampered with a propane line which eventually filled a celler with gas. A spark from a water pump switch ignited propane and levelled the home.
The explosion destroyed his Salem home,kKilling his girlfriend, her son and 2-month-old granddaughter, the baby's father, McComsey's nephew and a woman visitor.
All of the victims and their families expressed frustration that with time served, McComsey will be eligible for parole in roughly six months.
They're also upset he only said "no thank you" when the judge asked him if he wanted to address the court after the sentence was handed down.
"I'm pissed and feeling like a fool for believing him and everybody else didn't believe in him and I just did," said victim Brianna Berg.
Relatives of the victims say they're satisfied that police and the District Attorney did the best they could given the lack of evidence.
Read more: http://www.wnyt.com
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more