Posted: Sep 28, 2011 1:03 AM by By Susan Herr
Updated: Sep 28, 2011 1:03 AM
Adding fruit takes this mix-based treat outside the box. Use fresh pineapple if you prefer ... and a dollop of whipped cream won’t hurt.
Makes 8 servings
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups diced mango, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
14.5-ounce box gingerbread cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Coat eight 6-ounce ramekins (or 8- or 9-inch square baking pan) with cooking spray.
3. In medium saucepan over low heat, stir brown sugar and butter together until butter is melted and mixture is combined and bubbling.
4. Stir in mango and vanilla.
5. Divide mixture among ramekins or spread over bottom of baking pan.
6. Make gingerbread according to package directions. Pour batter over mango mixture. If using ramekins, set on baking sheet.
7. Bake in lower third of oven until gingerbread is firm when pressed in center (25 to 30 minutes for cakelets, slightly longer for cake).
8. Let stand for 10 minutes, then run knife around outside and invert onto serving plates.
Copyright (c) 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more