Apr 13, 2011 2:01 AM
Makes 5 servings
1/4 cup cold water
1 0.25-ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges in light syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups orange juice
Whipped topping (optional)
1. Pour 1/4 cup of cold water in a medium bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and let stand for 1 minute.
2. Drain juice from mandarin oranges into a small saucepan, pressing lightly with the lid to remove a little more juice. Set oranges aside.
3. Bring the mandarin orange juice to a boil; pour over softened gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Add sugar and stir again until dissolved. Stir in orange juice and mandarin oranges.
4. Set the bowl over a second bowl of ice for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens and begins to set. (Or place in refrigerator, checking occasionally.)
5. Divide mixture among five 6-ounce cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely set. Serve with a spoonful of whipped topping if desired.
Copyright (c) 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more