Posted: Apr 13, 2011 1:01 AM
Updated: Apr 13, 2011 1:01 AM
Makes 5 servings
1/4 cup cold water
1 0.25-ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges in light syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups orange juice
Whipped topping (optional)
1. Pour 1/4 cup of cold water in a medium bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and let stand for 1 minute.
2. Drain juice from mandarin oranges into a small saucepan, pressing lightly with the lid to remove a little more juice. Set oranges aside.
3. Bring the mandarin orange juice to a boil; pour over softened gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Add sugar and stir again until dissolved. Stir in orange juice and mandarin oranges.
4. Set the bowl over a second bowl of ice for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens and begins to set. (Or place in refrigerator, checking occasionally.)
5. Divide mixture among five 6-ounce cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely set. Serve with a spoonful of whipped topping if desired.
Copyright (c) 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more