Jan 27, 2014 2:35 PM
Reports To: Interactive Director
Position Level: Sales Executive
Summary: The Interactive Sales Specialist serves as the day-to-day contact to the TV sales team ensuring that it drives interactive revenue and achieves monthly interactive revenue budgets.
Specific Responsibilities: The ISS is responsible for preparing for and participating in "diagnosis"-type sales calls with TV account executives to determine overall television and interactive marketing plan, building interactive marketing packages, presenting and helping to close interactive business from TV clients. To achieve this, the ISS will:
• Accompany TV account executives on "4-legged" sales calls initiated by the TV team.
• Treat members of the TV sales team as internal "customers."
• Serve as an interactive marketing consultant - with relevant subject-matter expertise in interactive marketing solutions -- in conjunction with TV account executives for local advertisers.
• Be knowledgeable, in the sense of managing client expectations, about all aspects of online marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, reputation management, email, social media, and mobile marketing.
• Provide excellent customer service to both clients and TV sales teams, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
• Consistently achieve high activity levels in interactive new business development from current and future television clients.
• Work cooperatively with TV sellers to ensure they see the mutual benefit of including the specialist on as many calls as possible.
• Encourage 4-legged calls by establishing excellent working relationships with the TV sellers.
• Work precisely and cooperatively with local and corporate interactive operations staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
• Routinely monitor and comprehend corporate and local communications on overall interactive strategy and sales tactics, and participate in conversations on the company's intranet and periodic sales conference calls.
• Report routinely to the ID on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
• When requested, assist in building and deploying sales-related services and collateral materials for the market.
Position Requirements: The Interactive Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
A bachelor's degree in a related field and/or minimum 2 years sales, business development or related experience in interactive advertising. A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses. Understanding of local broadcast media businesses is helpful.
Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal communications skills.
Ability to balance many projects at once and establish great working relationships with all members of the TV sales team.
KRIS Communications offers a competitive benefit package and 401K. KRIS Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Candidate must pass a drug test; provide a valid Texas driver's license, Social Security card, your own vehicle and liability insurance.
CONTACT: Please send your resume to:
C/O Kristen Darden, Internet Director firstname.lastname@example.org
301 Artesian St.
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
5 hours ago
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more