Posted: Jan 3, 2013 6:26 AM
Updated: Jan 3, 2013 11:26 AM
CORPUS CHRISTI - A woman's home was severely damaged in an overnight fire.
Fire crews arrived at 12:06 to a house in the 900 block of Lolita Street.
When the homeowner, Martha Moreno got home, she lit a candle in her bedroom. She went to the kitchen, and she heard a loud pop.
Moreno tried to put the fire out on her own. She thinks the match that she used to light the candle with started the fire.
It took firefighters about twenty minutes to contain the fire.
No one in the house was hurt. Two firefighters had minor burns, and one was transported to a local hospital to be treated.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more