National News

Mar 14, 2014 12:35 PM

Heroin Overdose at McDonald's Playground

INDIANA (WLWT) - An Indiana couple is facing charges after police said they were found passed out on heroin inside a busy McDonald's play area.

Robert Palmer, 37, and Tamica Jeffers, 33, both admitted snorting heroin, according to court documents.

Police said both had "life-threatening" overdoses.

The couple's children, an 8-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl, were found in the play area.

"This is ridiculous. I mean, we have people sometimes that we find that have used heroin usually parked in the car that are in need of medical attention but this is unusual for the fact that they were supposed to be caring for two young children," Green Township Police Chief Bart West said.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1fwFYl9

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Submit News

Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.

Most Popular

KRISTV.COM is Social!


Click the icons above to receive News, Weather, and Sports alerts from KRISTV.COM!

Inside KRISTV.COM

Contact Us
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Photo Central
Look at photos and videos and share them!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
Texas Lottery
See the latest winning numbers!
6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more