Jun 29, 2011 2:04 AM by From the Editors of Live Right Live Well
Kabobs are more than just a quick way to cook fish; they’re an easy way to up your daily fruit and vegetable count! Pineapple and bell peppers barbeque well with fish, plus they’re power-packed with antioxidant vitamins A and C. This fast and flavorful recipe features swordfish marinated in a citrusy blend with two earthy, smoky spices: chipotle chile pepper and smoked paprika. Always remember the fish-cooking rule: 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. These kabobs will be grilled in fewer than 10 minutes!
Makes 4 servings (1 kabob each)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound swordfish (about 2 large, thick swordfish steaks)
2 small red bell peppers
1 fresh pineapple
4 long kabob skewers (at least 12 inches)
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Cut swordfish steaks into 16 large chunks (about 1 ½ inches each).
3. Place chucks in a shallow dish, and then pour marinade evenly over all chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. While fish marinades, core and cut bell peppers into 20 large chunks. Cut pineapple into large chunks, about 1 1/2 inches each. (One pineapple will yield more than the 20 chunks needed, so save leftovers for nibbling.)
5. Starting with red bell pepper -- then pineapple and swordfish -- thread each skewer with five red bell pepper chunks, four pineapple chunks and four swordfish chunks.
6. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill kabobs for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until fish is done, turning once while cooking.
Nutrition information (per serving)
24 g protein
25 g carbohydrates
11.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated)
44 mg cholesterol
175 mg sodium
670 mg potassium
28 mg calcium
1.8 mg iron
3350 IU vitamin A
170 mg vitamin C
3.5 g fiber
Copyright (c) 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more