Posted: Nov 29, 2012 3:58 PM by Monica Chavarria
Updated: Nov 29, 2012 6:12 PM
ORANGE GROVE - The grandmother who saved her family during a house fire, is still undergoing treatment for burns.
Sylvia Perez's home caught fire around 11:00am Wednesday on County Road 350. Perez noticed the front porch on fire and quickly sprang into action to get her five grandchildren and husband out of the home.
She ended up with burns to different parts of her body, but her hands had the most serious injuries. Thursday she got more treatment at a local burn unit.
Fire officials believe a lit cigarette sparked the fire.
The family lost everything and is now asking the community to help get them back on their feet. If you would like to make a donation you can do so at any Value Bank under the name Maria Sylvia Perez.
You could also send a donation to the El Buen Pastor Church at P.O. Box 552, Orange Grove, TX 78372 or to the Value Bank at P.O. Box 4956, Corpus Christi, TX 78469
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more