National News

Jun 11, 2013 8:42 AM

Gas Suspected In Motel Where Boy, 2 Others Died

BOONE, N.C. - North Carolina police are pointing to carbon monoxide poisoning as the likely reason for the recent death of an 11-year-old South Carolina boy and two other guests found dead in the same motel room almost two months earlier.

Boone police said Monday in a news release that emergency responders found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the room where Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died Saturday. Police say a preliminary autopsy found the boy died from asphyxia, which happens when toxic gases cut off oxygen to the body.

Jeffrey's 49-year-old mother, Jeannie Williams, was rushed to a hospital and survived.

A Longview, Wash., couple was found dead in the same motel room April 16. Police said new toxicology results show 73-year-old Daryl Dean Jenkins and 72-year-old Shirley Mae Jenkins died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

»Comments

More News

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Submit News

Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.

Most Popular

KRISTV.COM is Social!


Click the icons above to receive News, Weather, and Sports alerts from KRISTV.COM!

Inside KRISTV.COM

Contact Us
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Photo Central
Look at photos and videos and share them!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
Texas Lottery
See the latest winning numbers!
6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more