Apr 18, 2014 6:39 AM
DENVER - Denver firefighters rescued a four-legged victim from an apartment fire yesterday morning.
The crew broke down a door to get inside an apartment where smoke was pouring from the chimney.
One dog ran out through the smoke, but an older Labrador Retriever wasn't moving.
She was given oxygen and massaged.
The dog responded, and was carried off in a blanket for a ride to an animal hospital.
A firefighter said she was breathing on her own and her tail was wagging.
No one else was in the apartment, which received smoke damage.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen.
3 hours ago
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more