Posted: Dec 24, 2012 8:59 PM by Mike Manzoni -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: Dec 24, 2012 11:21 PM
FLOUR BLUFF -- A welding shed exploded in a Flour Bluff neighborhood Monday afternoon, ripping off part of a mobile home wall and rattling neighbors who said they could physically feel the blast.
Fire officials said a preliminary investigation revealed that either a cigarette ash or a spark from welding equipment caused several oxygen tanks inside the shed to explode. The shed was located behind the mobile home on the same lot of land.
"All I had seen was the big smoke when I was crossing the bridge, and I though it was my house," said Christopher Armitage.
Two people, one of them an elderly man, were inside the mobile home when the shed exploded. Another man, fire officials said, was in the backyard in between the shed and mobile home. None of them were injured.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more