Posted: Nov 30, 2012 8:14 AM
BEAUMONT - Police say a 90-year-old Southeast Texas man has died in a house fire blamed on a space heater in his home.
Beaumont police on Friday identified the victim as Junius Hill.
Police say firefighters late Thursday night responded to emergency calls about a burning house. Neighbors reported Hill was still believed to be in the home.
Investigators say the victim was located in the bedroom where the fire apparently started. An autopsy has been ordered.
The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the 50s at the time of the fire.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more