Posted: Dec 3, 2012 7:56 AM
Updated: Dec 3, 2012 10:21 AM
DALLAS (AP) - A communications mishap among 911 responders meant no one came to the aid of a 20-year-old Dallas man who later died of a drug overdose last month.
Matthew Sanchez had been popping Xanax pills for hours Nov. 16, and when collapsed, a friend dialed 911, then disappeared.
The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/VjwWDN ) that at the time of the call, Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedics were already working an emergency at the same apartment complex that had been phoned in only minutes earlier.
Emergency responders thought the calls were the same, so they did not respond to Sanchez's apartment. He was found dead six hours later.
Now, his family is pointing to another mishandled Dallas 911 call in August that ended with a woman murdered.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more