Posted: Mar 22, 2013 8:00 AM
DALLAS - A 4-year-old pre-kindergarten student has died after apparently choking on some food during lunch at a Dallas school.
The Dallas Independent School District says counselors were available Friday at Mount Auburn Elementary School.
A letter has been sent home to parents about Thursday's incident and the death of Manny Ramirez.
School officials say the boy was in the cafeteria eating with other children when he started coughing and choking. A school nurse managed to dislodge the food as others called 911 - then the boy suffered a seizure.
District spokeswoman Rebecca Rodriguez says CPR was performed but the boy died.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more