State News

Aug 19, 2014 4:58 AM

Cigarette Sparks Blast

(KPRC) A Texas man was injured Monday morning when the garage of his Harris County home exploded.

The explosion happened in the 15100 block of Stonewick near Gladeridge Drive in Spring.

According to authorities, the homeowner went outside to smoke a cigarette around 6:49 a.m., and once he lit his lighter, the garage blew up.

The explosion blew the door off the garage and flames started to creep up the side of the house. The man rushed upstairs to get his wife, who was sleeping, then went back outside to try and remove his car from the driveway. He also went back inside the burning home to try and rescue his cat.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1sPMMGh

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Submit News

Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.

Most Popular

KRISTV.COM is Social!


Click the icons above to receive News, Weather, and Sports alerts from KRISTV.COM!

Inside KRISTV.COM

Contact Us
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Photo Central
Look at photos and videos and share them!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
Texas Lottery
See the latest winning numbers!
6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more