Jun 20, 2013 11:44 AM by Veronica Flores
CORPUS CHRISTI -Part of NAS-Corpus Christi had to be evacuated because of a propane gas leak.
Around 10 this morning, a sailor smelled gas and called the Fire Department.
Firefighters found a valve from a 10-thousand gallon tank had blown and was releasing liquid propane.
Because the tank is not part of the base, the city gas department was notified.
While crews were out there, a second valve to a separate tank started leaking.
Gas crews were able to fix both leaks quickly, no one was hurt.
51 minutes ago
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Look at photos and videos and share them!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more