Posted: Jan 10, 2013 3:34 PM by Jessica Holley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: Jan 10, 2013 6:45 PM
BISHOP - Fire broke out Thursday morning on the 5000 block of Amber Street in Bishop. Multiple fire crews from Bishop, Kingsville and the county responded to the fire that took about an hour to put out. The fire department is called the home now a total loss. Right now no cause has been determined.
According to homeowner Edward Perez, he and his wife heard their smoke alarms go off just after taking their four children to school. When they went to investigate they found the back part of their trailer home filled with smoke. They ran outside and opened two windows in their children's bedroom and sprayed water inside hoping to put out what ever fire was burning.
While the fire department has not determined a cause, the Perez's are planning to look into the electrical wiring as a potential source.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. The family says they are thankful no one was hurt, and are ready to move on with their lives.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more