Jul 31, 2013 12:20 PM
ALICE - An elderly woman who lives along was rescued by a volunteer fireman who arrived to find her Ben Bolt home engulfed in flames.
The Alice-Echo News Journal reports the woman in her 80's was asleep when the fire started before midnight inside the home on 3rd Street.
Firefighters worked to keep the woman breathing until medics arrived and arranged for her transfer to a San Antonio burn unit by HALO-Flight.
Her condition is not known at this time. Just under half of the home sustained damage from the fire.
Read more at the Alice Echo News Journal - http://bit.ly/14DgBs5