World News

Jun 17, 2014 3:30 PM by Associated Press

71 Kids Affected by Carbon Monoxide Leak at Day Care

SAINT-EUSTACHE, Quebec (AP) - Five children were overcome by a carbon monoxide leak at a Quebec daycare center that sent 71 children and about 10 adults to a hospital, officials said Tuesday.

Quebec Family Minister Francine Charbonneau said the five children had more intense symptoms of vomiting and headaches but others, including some of the 10 educators, had symptoms.

She said 71 children and about 10 adults were taken to a local hospital as a preventive measure and that all parents had been advised.

Charbonneau said the leak had been contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building. The St-Eustache fire department was trying to determine the exact cause

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

»Comments

Top Videos

1 2 3 4

Submit News

Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.

Most Popular

KRISTV.COM is Social!


Click the icons above to receive News, Weather, and Sports alerts from KRISTV.COM!

Inside KRISTV.COM

Contact Us
Send us your feedback. We want to hear from you!
Photo Central
Look at photos and videos and share them!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
Texas Lottery
See the latest winning numbers!
6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more