Posted: Feb 5, 2013 7:47 AM
MERCED, Calif. - Authorities in Merced County, Calif., say no charges are expected to be filed after a two-year-old boy died from drinking cleaning fluid.
Authorities tell the Merced Sun-Star that the child's grandmother gave the boy what she thought was a bottle of water to drink Friday afternoon. The boy had become thirsty while playing at his grandparents' shop and the grandmother found the bottle on the floorboard of her husband's truck.
But the bottle actually contained solution used to clean aluminum rims.
Officials say the grandfather realized what the boy had ingested after he started choking. He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Officials say the incident was nothing more than a tragic accident.
Do you have a tip, information about a breaking news story, or a story idea for 6 Investigates? Contact the KRIS 6 News Desk at 361-884-6666 or send us an email.
Look at photos and videos and share them!
| Desktop Weather
Current forecast, hurricane info, and much more!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Website
Get KRISTV.com on your mobile or PDA!
|KRISTV.COM Mobile Apps
Get our mobile apps on your mobile or PDA!
See the latest winning numbers!
|6 News Team
Read about your favorite KRIS-TV personalities!
|FCC Online Public File
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and more