Content from Local Doctors More Content from Local Doctors

Jan 19, 2012 12:31 PM

Which Retainer Is Right For You?

From Star Orthodontics Orthodontic retainers are custom-made appliances, made usually of wires or clear plastic, that hold teeth in position after orthodontic treatment while assisting with the adjustment of the surrounding gums and changes in the bone. There are three different options for retainers and it's important to discuss... Read Story

Jan 19, 2012 12:11 PM

Don't Forget To Floss

From Star Orthodontics Why should you floss your teeth every day? Brushing alone only cleans 65% of the surfaces where harmful bacteria grows. The other 35% can only be cleaned by flossing! 1. Avoid cavities - bacteria in your mouth consumes the left over food particles &... Read Story

Health Content From WebMD More Health Content From WebMD

Oct 1, 2014 10:02 PM

CDC: 4 People With Enterovirus D68 Have Died

CDC: 4 People With Enterovirus D68 Have Died WebMD Health News By Brenda Goodman, MA Reviewed by Hansa D. Bhargava, MD More from WebMD Hospital Failed to Isolate Ebola Patient at First FAQ: The Deadly Ebola Virus Experimental Ebola Serum Grown in Tobacco Leaves First Ebola Patient Tests Positive in... Read Story

Sep 26, 2014 11:20 PM

The Future of Cancer Detection

The Future of Cancer Detection WebMD Health News By Kelli Miller Reviewed by Michael W. Smith, MD More from WebMD 8 'New' Cancer Causes Nuclear Meltdown in Japan: Radiation Risk? Dry Cleaning Chemical 'Likely' Causes Cancer Cancer Group Focuses on Environmental Factors Sept. 26, 2014 -- Spotting cancer early is... Read Story

Sep 18, 2014 5:37 PM

Back-Related Leg Pain: Spine Manipulation Helps

Back-Related Leg Pain: Spine Manipulation Helps Medscape Medical News By Troy Brown, RN More from WebMD Antibiotics May Relieve Back Pain Symptoms Hands-On Treatment May Help Low Back Pain Acute Back Pain: Spine Therapy No Help Ozone May Help Herniated Disc Pain Sept.18, 2014 -- In people with back-related leg... Read Story

Sep 10, 2014 8:38 PM

Nuts & Your Health: What to Know

Nuts & Your Health: What to Know WebMD Health News By Kathleen Doheny Reviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MD More from WebMD Is Breakfast Really Your Most Important Meal? Why Aren't Rx Weight-Loss Drugs More in Demand? The Diet Soda Debate Q&A: Were You Born to Be Obese? Sept. 10, 2014... Read Story

Sep 8, 2014 6:58 PM

Duchess Kate & Prince William Expecting 2nd Baby

Duchess Kate & Prince William Expecting 2nd Baby WebMD Health News By Tim Locke Reviewed by Arefa Cassoobhoy, MD, MPH More from WebMD Trying to Get Pregnant? Moderate Exercise May Help Blood Thinner Doesn't Prevent Miscarriages: Study William and Kate Welcome Their Royal Baby African-Americans With Diabetes in Pregnancy Have... Read Story