5 Life-Changing Reasons to Consider Weight-Loss Surgery
Obesity is not just a lifestyle issue – it can also lead to a number of health, self esteem and emotional issues. When options such as diet and exercise fail, health professionals suggest bariatric surgery that makes the stomach smaller and also changes the small intestine.
Like any surgery, choosing that route is a major decision. All surgical procedures come with risks such as infection or prolonged healing periods. Therefore, it’s important to know what you are signing up for, but also be aware that opting for a bariatric procedure maybe the best option for your quality of life and health.
Here are a few compelling reasons to consider bariatric surgery:
1. Obesity can cause debilitating health problems. If you weigh more than 100 pounds over your ideal weight or your Body Mass Index is greater than 40, chances are your doctor will ask you to look into surgical intervention.
Clinical obesity is a huge problem and can cause a number of health issues such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, liver dysfunction, respiratory and musculoskeletal disorders.
2. Weight loss can improve your social health. Obesity often comes in the way of professional success and personal happiness. If you feel that relationships are becoming a hardship and if you are having problems climbing the social and professional ladder, medical intervention may be right for you.
3. Diet and exercise alone don’t work for everyone. Bariatric surgery is a good option when weight loss programs, diet, exercise and lifestyle changes alone fail to succeed in weight reduction. Research shows that patients who choose bariatric surgery can lose 50 to 90 percent of their excess weight.
4. The benefits are almost immediate. Short-term benefits of Bariatric surgery include reduction of diabetic, metabolic syndrome and sleep apnea.
5. Weight loss can improve your emotional and mental health. A reduction in stubborn weight, along with remission of diseases such as diabetes, can have significant positive affects on your self-esteem. Multiple studies show that psychological health improves after bariatric surgery.
Have more questions about weight loss surgery? Turn to experts at Texas Bariatric Specialists, San Antonio. Founded by Dr. Nilesh A. Patel, a nationally recognized and fellowship-trained bariatric surgeon, Texas Bariatric Specialists is a holistic weight-loss practice.
Dr. Patel has performed more than 2,500 surgeries that have exceeded the national average of successful weight loss management. He and his team are committed to changing patients’ lives by delivering long-term weight-loss solutions.
Register for a free seminar in your choice of local offices in eight cities to get a deeper understanding of medical weight loss and Dr. Patel’s proven techniques, and to meet the staff.
Texas Bariatric Specialists
2222 Morgan Avenue, Suite 110
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
|Visit us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
Before | After
Cecilia - Lost 86 lbs and no longer
Before | After
Jonnie- Lost 117 lbs and no longer needs to take insulin,
Sleeps like a baby!
Before | After
Thomas- Lost 233 lbs and Feels better now than he has in a long time!